With the addition of the optional DC-4 Digital Camera Attachment and the BG-5 LED Background Illuminator, the SL-D701 becomes a fully featured Digital Photographic Slit Lamp. The DC-4 can be used with the EZ Capture and the IMAGEnet® 5 Digital Imaging Systems for clear and sharp imaging of the anterior segment of the eye. The BG-5 LED Background Illuminator provides the additional convenience of allowing the documentation of the meibomian glands.
Because of the advanced technology of its electronics, the BG-5 background illuminator can only be used with the SL-D701 and cannot be attached to older generation slit lamps.
Key Features of the Topcon DC-4 Digital Camera and BG-5 Background Illuminator
- High Resolution – Multi-function camera and Topcon’s proprietary software for optimized color balance and monochrome imaging when used with the BG-5 Illuminator.
- Meibography Capability — When used with the BG-5 or the BG-4M Background Illuminators, the DC-4 can perform meibography imaging and video clips.
- Smart Capture Function—With a single push, the operator can obtain a rapid series of 5 images that are quickly saved for later revision and selection.
- Still Image with Auto Exposure—Automatically compensates brightness. Live alignment image and final picture have the same color balance.
- Live View—When using the EZ Capture® software in conjunction with the DC-4, a real time live image will be seen on the monitor to facilitate centering and focusing.
- Video Capability—The DC-4 allows for easy acquisition of video clips of the eye movements without interfering with the examination.