Use Code "spot500" for an additional $500 off! Ends soon
The Spot Vision Screener is a handheld, portable device designed to help users quickly and easily detect vision issues on patients from 6 months of age through adult. Spot screens both eyes at once from a nonthreatening 3-foot distance. The touch-screen display allows for one-touch activation, simple management of patient data entry, and easy configuration for both vision screening and autorefraction applications.
- Supports AAP screening guidelines for early detection of amblyopic risk factors
- Automated screening provides thorough, objective, and easy-to-understand results
- Easy to use, easy to implement with minimal user training required
- Adequately powered for mass screening events
- Captures readings 97% of the time helping to screen otherwise difficult patients
- Wireless printing and WiFi-enabled for easy export of data
- Manual exports available via USB port
- Uses lights and sounds to help engage children
Spot Vision Screener - Accurate Detection
Spot accurately* detects the potential indication of these common vision problems:
- Myopia (nearsightedness)
- Hyperopia (farsightedness)
- Astigmatism (blurred vision)
- Anisometropia (unequal refractive power)
- Strabismus (eye misalignment)
- Anisocoria (unequal pupil size)
- *Accuracy refers to the sensitivity and specificity of the screening referral recommendation.
Binocular vision screening for eye care professionals
For eye care professionals, Spot is a versatile vision screener. Its portability and speed from binocular testing help clinicians to collect accurate refractive data on patients who commonly present screening challenges.
- Spot can go where you go—to multiple office locations, events, or mission trips
- Efficiently test infants to seniors, and patients with limited mobility or other potential handicaps
- Instant results provide refractions—monocular or binocular, plus (+) or minus (–) cylinder conventions
- Measures horizontal and vertical eye alignment, pupil size, and pupillary distance
Clinically shown to be more efficient
Evidence shows that using the Spot Vision Screener can help to dramatically reduce the time required to test vision over traditional screening tools. In one study, the Spot Vision Screener was used to test the vision of 537 elementary school students. Previous testing using a traditional screening tool took three days. With Spot, the entire population was screened in less than five hours. In addition, Spot captured definitive results on 100% of the students and 93 of them were referred for follow-up care with an eye care specialist.
More Info / Pricing
The Spot Vision Screener is a handheld, portable device designed to help users quickly and easily detect vision issues on patients from 6 months of age through adult. Spot screens both eyes at once from a nonthreatening 3-foot distance. The touch-screen display allows for one-touch activation, simple management of patient data entry, and easy configuration for both vision screening and autorefraction applications. For more information, please visit http://www.welchallyn.com/en/products/categories/physical-exam/eye-exam/vision-screeners/spot-vision-screener.html
The Welch Ally...The Spot Vision Screener is a handheld, portable device design...
Welch Allyn Sp...Learn how the Welch Allyn Spot Vision Screener helps support c...
Welch Allyn Sp...Watch Dr. Bruce Moore and his students screen school-age child...